Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Day 15: If I could speak to any horse, dead or alive, what would I say?
I seriously almost skipped this prompt. It makes me misty just thinking about it.
Obviously, if I could speak to any horse, it would have to be Promise. I would tell her how much I miss her. That I still think of her every day. That I wish I hadn't let life get in the way of spending time with her, as often as I did. But that I worked hard to make sure she was happy and healthy, even when I wasn't there. That I wish she hadn't gotten hurt, so that maybe she'd still be here with me. That I wish I could feel that sense of partnership we had with another horse, any other horse...but even when I ride the same horse for several weeks in a row, I just don't feel even an inkling of the same connection in the saddle. I don't know them as well as I knew her, and I know it comes with time and spending years together. But I miss that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment