Anyway, I think my mom totally gets my riding, since she created the monster. My closest friends don't really understand it, but have always been supportive, even if I am probably known as the crazy horse lady or something!
I almost had my best friend since middle school convinced to get on Promise one day when I had her in NH at school. We had driven up during a school break so I could ride and spend some time with Promise and she was SO good, that I was like, do you want to get on and walk around? T was like, uhm...no.
![]() |
| Evidence of my mom assisting with horse crazy -- using Promise as a model for a school assignment |
For most of high school and early college, when I was in MA, I didn't trust Promise enough to let someone who didn't really ride get on her. She was just too unpredictable at times. But, both my mom and my grandmother rode her several times. My mom wasn't super impressed, she said Promise wasn't as comfortable as everyone claimed she was, which I totally disagree with to this day! But my grandmother absolutely loved her and Promise took such great care of her. She was just amazing for her and it made me so happy. I think she really loved her Nana!
![]() |
| Somewhat unrelated photo -- riding in Jamaica |
Most of the time, I feel like my husband totally does not get the horse thing. I think he admires them because they are beautiful, but he is definitely uneducated about them and as a result, does not understand them at all. He does ask questions, though, and he's ridden a couple of times with me (like in Ireland, or the trail ride and swimming with horses we did for my birthday one year). He enjoys it, and actually has expressed interest in taking lessons, so that if/when we go back to ireland, he could join me in galloping on the beach or down the canter lanes....but he has not pursued it beyond that.


Get him to take lessons! It's all downhill from there. At least, it worked for me.
ReplyDelete