Saturday, November 11, 2017

NABLOPOMO DAY 5: My first fall

I had been taking lessons for less than a year with my very first instructor, Denise. I rode on Sunday mornings and my grandmother would often ride Amber while I was taking my lesson (this was before my mom sold Amber and bought Sandy). This particular day was no exception.

I was on the lunge line in the indoor arena on a little black pony named Velvet. If I remember correctly, we were starting to learn to canter or something like that. My grandmother had been riding outside and she knew I was almost done, so she was cooling Amber out by walking her on the little trail that looped around the indoor. The arena doors were open. My grandmother forgot to announce "Door!" as they started to cross the back door, but I'm not sure it would have mattered. Velvet spotted them and took the excuse to spook...hard. She zigged and I zagged. I almost held on. Almost! I remember being suspended in midair for several seconds. It felt like an eternity. My left hand was still on the reins, whip in my right hand, left foot in the stirrup, right foot in the air...and then I landed on the ground. Almost on my feet, but not quite.

Actual footage :-P

1 comment:

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson