Friday, March 8, 2013

Update on Keepsakes #2 and #3


I received an email yesterday confirming that the hair has been received. So, the turnaround time is 3 weeks from yesterday. I'm so relieved the hair arrived (I was definitely stalking the tracking info, lol); because I was having some serious heart failure sending it out. It's all I have left of her, other than keepsake #1, my vanity plate, and my tack and supplies. I'm hopeful that some of it will be returned to me, but that remains to be seen. 3 weeks!!

I might have more news in the next few days, too. Just waiting on details :)

4 comments:

  1. You lost your horse right around the time I lost my horse last year. I have his tail and forelock in a bag, tucked away in a drawer next to the cast in plaster they made of his "weird" hoof". I know I want something done with the hair, I just don't know what I want done. I am terrified of losing it because like you said it's all I have left of him. There is a woman that takes the hair and burns it into pottery that I think looks pretty cool. I am also thinking of having a bracelet made too! My mom even leared how to make them so that she can make me one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think to cut her forelock. :-| It was strange enough to cut her tail just below the bone...she looked so naked without it. I had banded and braided it while we waited out a downpour and then intended to cut it when she was gone, but decided at the last minute I didn't want to see her go down, and so the vet advised me to cut it before we walked her out to the chosen spot. I made sure to be the crazy person who emailed the woman making the objects and let her know it was on the way. I'm sure she'll take good care of it, despite my nervousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the vet techs cut them for me. I was such a mess I wouldn't have been able to do it! One of the vet techs happened to be my old neighbour so she took care of it all for me and even delivered them to us. I am sure I will have a hard time letting even a strand of his hair go. I'm that crazy!
    The cast of his foot needs to be baked so that it will harden up, I have been putting it off for so long because I wanted to write his name in there some how, and I have child like writing so I wasn't about to write it myself...then it hit me this morning. Order a bridle plate with his name and dates on it! I never got around to ordering a name plate for his halter, so I guess this is the next best thing I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for the nice visit, and for cheering me.

    X ray in a day to find out about my disk injury to my upper back lower neck.
    Wa get extended vaca.

    Hope you get your love lock back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson