For the last year, I have been participating in a driving study. As of Monday, my commitment to the study is complete, and next week, they will remove their equipment from my car...with the exception of the front license plate holder they attached to hold a radar. Since they had to drill through my front bumper to attach it, they told me I could keep it...and since they told me that, I have been pondering what to put on it, once the radar was removed. I really didn't want to leave it empty and black on my gold car!
I immediately thought I wanted a custom portrait of Promise done on a vanity plate. So, for the last year, I have been rolling my options around somewhere in my subconscious mind. I knew I could a.) find someone to do it for me or b.) do it myself. My concern with doing it myself is that I am not a realist when it comes to painting and I knew I would never be happy with the final product because of my expressionist style.
Anyway, I've spent the last few weeks looking for someone who does airbrushing and also is talented enough to do a custom piece, on such a small, awkward space.
I struck gold when I found Sure Shot Airbrush. Although the piece was supposed to be finished when I arrived, I am happy that it was not because I got to see it unfold, as the owner airbrushed it in front of me, completely freehand.
Here is the amazing piece of artwork I came home with:
Just for reference, here is the photo I provided for him:


Stunning!!
ReplyDeleteReally impressive piece of work. That lovely horse deserve that portrait. Really amazing.
ReplyDelete