Friday, July 6, 2012

It's time.

I went to visit last night and although she was perkier, she was still not herself, and not physically comfortable. In addition to the things I mentioned in my last post not improving, when I brushed her, she was shedding like a fiend. I guess the Pergolide isn't doing it's job anymore. I have a call out to the vet, and am waiting for him to call me back to schedule something for next week. There is a summer camp session at the barn next week, so it will need to be toward the end of whatever day he is available. Ugh. I am so not looking forward to this, but I do know in my heart and my gut that I am making the right decision for her. It's time.

5 comments:

  1. Hugs to you and Promise. I think it's good you had this extra time to think about everything and give her a really solid shot at being sound. Reading your past few entries, I hear a lot of sadness in your writing and wish I could do something to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been the best horse mom through thick and thin. Promise is such a lovely mare she has had such a full life with you.
    Hang in my dear, tears and-the missing them- heart aches, are the hardest part of loving as we say goodbye.
    XO
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a hard decision to make. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys. You've done a remarkable job for so long. Lots of folks out here will be thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be a relief and a weight off your shoulders once it is over.

    It is just getting to that point that is the hard part. :(

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson