Saturday, January 22, 2011

Heart broken.

Welp. It's true. She's lame. Again.

She is happy as can be, was nuzzling my hair and being a general snot on the cross ties. I spent a while brushing her, and untangling her tail (man, I don't know WHAT she is doing to it, but it's been a rat's nest lately) then put her snazzy new boots on and spent some time making sure they were tight enough, wrapped her front legs, and off we went to the arena on a lunge line.



She looks great at the walk. Not so much at the trot. We're back to the gimpy, hip-hiking gait with no head-bobbing. Same on a straight away when I asked her to trot a few steps beside me before we headed back. Hard to see the full extent when you're beside them, but I could see the hip hiking clearly, so I brought her back in...unwrapped her legs, stuffed her full of mints, hugged her and put her back outside with her boyfriend.

I kept my cool there, there were lots of people around for the pony rides...even managed to hold  it together when the barn owner offered me a sympathetic hug. I then proceeded to lose it in the car on the way home. I'm at a loss here.

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you two. Wish I knew what to suggest to help out. But as it is, give her a smooch and a mint from me please.

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson