Work is a bit slow right now, and I'm feeling motivated. Here are some pictures through the years...I'll put captions under each photo

Winter/Spring, 1999 - she was coming 5, and had been under saddle for less than a year

Fall 1999 at the Marlboro Equestrian Centre Fall horse show. I think we placed 3rd in this class. We got our first trophy at this show.
These two are from the Fall 2000 at the Woodstock County Fair in Connecticut. Top was the 2'3" to 2'6" class. I saw the photographer and managed to smile and do a perfect release (rather than grimace) as we went over. It is still my favorite shot of all time. And bottom was the night jumpers 2'6" to 2'9" class. We got disqualified for 3 refusals at the next fence.
Same show in 2001, Hunter Under Saddle Equitation. This is the picture my mom and uncle chose to put on the tack trunk he made for me when we moved to Florida.
Promise sporting her brand new County Symmetry saddle and matching bridle, and her tie-dyed polos. She LOVES those things. The bridle is used only for showing, but I let her wear it a few times to break it in.
August of 2004, in the first barn she lived in after moving to Florida. This is one of my favorite shots.
January of 2006, playing in a paddock. Can you believe how shiny she is?? Blinding!
January of 2006, riding with my then-three-year-old nephew watching. He really wanted to get on her, but unfortunately, the three of us couldn't reach a compromise. He didn't want to ride with me, and Promise wanted nothing to do with him being lifted onto her back.
Some artsy shots taken in March of 2006 for an artists book I did for a class project. I took the images and drew them with charcoal and chalk, and then assembled a book with the photographs and the drawings. It was called "Reflections."








Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing! What a sweet face she has!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are awesome. And yes, blindingly shiny!! lol I love those last pictures. I'm horrible at taking pictures, i can't get anything that nice.
ReplyDeleteShe is a big ham and loves posing. The closeups at the end were made especially easier by the camera...not to mention her curiosity about the noise the lens made while I was adjusting it.
ReplyDeleteI have to dig through my online file storage and get some 2007 and 2008 pictures out. It's funny, in the last two years, she's really started dappling on me. But in those pictures, not a single dapple.