Friday, September 27, 2019

Q3 Goals in Review

In my mid-quarter check-in, I was seriously knocking it out of the park. I am happy to say that I have totally carried that momentum and have stayed on track. No cheats, I am 4 weeks (halfway) through my 4th round of LIIFT4 and I am starting to see some serious increases in strength and stamina. Yesterday, one of the core exercises was reaching sit-ups...I normally modify and do reaching crunches. For the first set, I did reaching crunches, and then for sets 2 and 3, I was able to do 5 crunches each. It took me the entire 30 second set to get to 5, but I DID IT!

My 2nd keto weight loss challenge is currently wrapping up week 5. Next week is the last week, with the final weigh-in being on 10/7 (whoops, I miscalculated!). I have a weekend trip planned next weekend, which includes a planned cheat on Saturday. I know this will throw my final weigh-in off and probably kick me out of ketosis for a couple of days, but I was not going to win the money for highest % lost and my plan is to drink a ton of water and get right back on track with my next meal.


Original Q3 goals.


  • Lose or maintain current weight in the 2 weeks in between challenge weigh-ins. 
    • Success! I lost an additional 4.8lbs in between challenges!
  • Complete 6 week keto weight loss challenge from 8/19 to 10/7, with the same sub-goals as above.
    • Goal for 2nd challenge is to lose at least 15lbs. 
      • As of Monday 9/23's weigh-in, I was down 8.5lbs from my 8/19 weigh-in for a total loss of 26.8lbs since July 1. 
      • I think a total loss of 10-12lbs is a more reasonable goal for the last week of challenge, which is perfectly acceptable! Hopefully I'll hit the 30lb mark!
    • Stay keto. No cheats! 
      • Success! I have not cheated once, even with get togethers and eating out a few times!
  • Finish LIIFT4 by August 30. Start round 4 of LIIFT4 on 9/2.
    • DONE!
  • Continue to work on hip flexibility and stretching.
    • I am still stretching my hips every time I work out and before I ride!
  • Meal prep on the weekends to avoid scrambling and making bad decisions. Same sub-goals as above.
    • Saturdays have been my most successful meal prep days and it really cuts down on my weeknight cooking time! Plus, even though it's a lot of work to do it all at once, I really am starting to enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. Keto! I love keto! We've been doing it off and on since 2011. Sounds like you're doing amazing with it to not have cheated in all that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started "dirty" keto in January 2018. I've been super strict keto since my first weight loss challenge started on July 1 and it's definitely paying off! I am finally seeing this way of eating as a lifestyle instead of a diet!

      Delete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson