Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Q4 Health and Fitness Goals

I'm enjoying the momentum I've built so much that I signed up for a 3rd keto weight loss challenge, which starts at the end of October. I am nervous about having 3 full weeks with no assistance, but I know I can do it! 

My average loss is about 2.5lbs per week, which is a healthy and sustainable rate. In theory, at that rate, I could be down approximately 55lbs by Christmas. While that would be incredible (and I hope I get there!), I am going to make my goal to get to 40lbs lost by Christmas. Anything above that will be gravy!

So, here are my health and fitness goals for October through December:


1. Complete 7-week keto weight-loss challenge: 10/28 to 12/23.
  • Track inches and pounds lost. 
    • Complete weekly weigh-ins.
    • Check measurements biweekly.
    • Take monthly progress photos.
  • Follow meal plans and stick to macros.
    • Really dial it in on macros to try to optimize results.
    • Maintain water intake.
    • Stay on the wagon on the weekend!
    • Stay on the wagon for holiday meals!
      • Thanksgiving has been mostly keto for the last couple of years. So, I will continue to be mostly keto. I will make mashed potatoes for everyone else and fauxtatoes for myself. My mom will make sweet potato casserole.
2. Workout at least 4 days a week, plus 1 riding lesson.
  • LIIFT4 round 4 from 9/3 to 10/25.
  • LIIFT4 round 5 from 10/28 to 12/20.
  • LIIFT4 round 6 from 12/30 to 2/21.
  • Buy 17.5lb dumbbells.

3. Work on hip flexibility and stretching at least 3x a week.


4. Meal prep as much as possible over the weekend. 
  • Prep breakfasts, lunches, and snacks so I can stay strong each week.
  • Prep veggies and sauces for weeknight dinners to save time.
5. Practice positive reinforcement (ie, I changed the wording above from "Do not fall off the wagon" to "Stay on the wagon" to try to reframe it in my own head.) This will apply to everyday life as well as my in-saddle/surcingle work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson