This past Saturday marked 3 years since I said goodbye to Promise. It's really had to believe it's been that long...some days it feels like just yesterday and others, it feels like a lifetime. I suppose the one thing I've learned between losing Harley, my grandmother, and Promise, is that that particular aspect never really changes.
I found that I dwelled on the loss a little less this year. I took a few moments to remember her, and then went on about my day. My fiance and I had a "date day" and went to a little art studio not far from the house to throw clay for a couple of hours. We each made 2 bowls, got covered in mud, and had a good time. Next Saturday, we get to go back to glaze them before they get fired!
We are half a year closer to our goal of moving out of Florida -- now it's a 3 year goal! So, maybe 4 years from having horses again, depending on how long we have to rent, RE: how long it takes us to find a house we love with land, to buy!
But, I think after the wedding, I will try to lease a horse at the farm where I've been taking lessons. That goal is less than a year away!
No comments:
Post a Comment