Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Year Later

I cannot believe it's been a year already.

365 days since I said goodbye to my heart horse.


In some ways, it seems like forever ago, and in others it seems like it was only yesterday. It has gotten easier. But, I still think about her every day...and I think it will be much the same for the rest of my life. Promise was my once in a lifetime horse. I think I will, eventually, want to welcome another horse into my heart, but for now, I am mostly focusing on myself, on paying some stuff off and on just riding.

Just as with last year, I have been seeing rainbows constantly for the last couple of weeks. I am sure this has to do with it being the it-rains-every-afternoon season here in Florida, but it always makes me smile (and get a little misty) because it makes me think of Promise.

So, today is going to be bittersweet. While it won't be quite as emotionally challenging as it was last year (when I had to get through 3/4 of the work day knowing what was coming)...it is still going to be difficult to not sink into my own thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. You and she were meant for each other, that's true. And now the memories are wonderful and I can't even imagine you not having them. I bet you miss her.
    I pray that you can be pleasantly warmed, and not saddened, from the thoughts of her soon.
    XO
    KK

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson