Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A quick update

The vet was out last week for Promise and a couple of others. She needed her rabies vaccine and coggins test done, and I figured while he was out, he could take a peek at her legs. 


She is all up to date now, and he says they are definitely wind puffs. They'll come and go, but as long as there's no lameness, there's nothing to be concerned about. So, mystery solved.


This month is crazy for me, so I have to take advantage of every moment I have to see her. I will be going this weekend come hell or high water! I may not be able to ride, though, as the barn owner just informed me she has a cut and some swelling around her withers. Probably just playing rough, but I don't want to cause any pain, so we'll see how she looks on Saturday and go from there.


With any luck, even if I can't ride I will remember the camera (again) and my drawing pad and charcoal. I'd love to hang out in the round pen with her for a while and draw. :)

1 comment:

  1. yay for good news on her wind puffs!! Give her a rub from me please!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson