According to the email the barn owner sent last night, the vet told her to do 2 g of bute last night and 1 g this morning and see if it helped any. He will be there tomorrow morning and will look at it in the midst of doing shots, coggins, etc. It is handy that it worked out so he was going to be there anyway. I think I've mentioned I am not the type of horse owner to panic and call the vet for every little thing, and I most likely would not have called him specifically for this.
I called her this morning to see how the pony was doing and she said there's still no swelling, no sign of trauma. Promise did not go out last night. And she gave her the bute as prescribed, and was waiting for it to kick in before taking her for a walk to see how she was doing. She thought she seemed better before seeing her walk. We agreed it could have been anything from her kicking at the fence during feeding to slipping while turned out to...who knows.
She does not seem overly worried, doesn't think it's anything major. And, I have not heard back from her yet, which leads me to think that Promise may have improved overall.
Oh...well, I got here in time for a recovery I hope!
ReplyDeleteIt is going to be nice to read from you again and catch up on life....
Glad she is yours again girl!
KacyK