Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Girls will be Girls

The two mares apparently decided to form a truce. I guess they liked each other enough to realize that they were running out of time to sort things out, when Amy and I agreed on another 1/2 week of trial. 


I'm not sure who is alpha now, but as long as they're not beating each other up, it doesn't affect my life, lol. Miss Promise had no *new* cuts, although her butt is a bit banged up with pieces of hair missing, there were no skin abrasions.


When I was there on Sunday, her right front was still a bit swollen - but mostly around the cut itself, not the entire lower leg. She's also still a bit off on it - about a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the worst. I did ride her for a bit, and she felt better on a straight line than on a circle (big surprise there). I did ask her to trot a few times around, and she seemed to work out of it some - so it might be stiffness related also. And we cantered about 1/2 of the arena. It's the first time in a long time she has gone out for a ride with no polos on! How embarassing! :)


Afterwards, I washed it, scraped the scab off and put peroxide on it until it stopped fizzing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson