
Those things are a lot more interesting to ride, than to write about!
Lately, I've been riding Winslow and when we jump, I find I am struggling with a little bit of anxiety that I think stems from Winter Riko last year. In my head, I know Winslow isn't going to drop his head after a fence and start bucking. But, my body doesn't seem to realize that same thing, so there's been a bit of an internal battle going on.
Also, I've been struggling with leg cramps again, which is super annoying. The only thing I can figure out is either I'm not drinking enough water because the weather is cooler/cold or it's something with my winter boots (I mean, they don't feel uncomfortable, but I guess they could be looser on my upper calves).
To remedy this I started working out again last week (I always take advantage of the time change to get back in gear!), I am trying to be very diligent about my water intake during the week, and I bought a foam roller because my calves do sometimes feel cramped when I get out of bed or go up and down the stairs. Maybe I just have a deep, lingering charlie horse or something. ๐ Anyway, no cramps during my makeup lesson yesterday, but definitely had some during my regular lesson on Friday.

I always get leg cramps when I need a bit more potassium in my diet
ReplyDeleteThat's a good thought, L. I'll look into it!
ReplyDeleteTry magnesium! I get really bad leg cramps and magnesium linament/oil seems to help the best. Or find a good supplement, though not all magnesium supplements are created equal so do a bit of research. I got mine from a doctor so not sure where to find it over the counter. But basically leg cramps are the worst!
ReplyDelete