Wednesday, July 11, 2018

WW: 6 years

Time flies, whether you're having fun or not! 6 years ago, I said goodbye to Promise. It was, and is, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I still don't question my decision to let her go. 

I'm scanning photos as time allows, so here is a blast from the past in tribute to my heart horse:

Fall 1999, free jumping
PC: My mom

Fall 1999, free jumping
PC: My mom

Fall 1999, demon horse playing
PC: My mom

Fall 1999, beautiful face, but still very much a baby!
PC: My mom


Fall 1999, beautiful face, but still very much a baby!
PC: My mom

Summer 1999, oh, to be that skinny and fit again!
PC: My grandmother

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, eq on the flat.
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, eq over fences.
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, eq over fences.
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, eq over fences.
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, this might have been a contest for most awkward jump.
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, this might have been a contest for most awkward jump.
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, night jumpers.
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, night jumpers + tidy knees!
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, night jumpers or most awkward jump contest?
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

Fall 2000, Woodstock Fair 4 day show, night jumpers.
PC: Lori Taylor Photography

2 comments:

  1. Night jumpers looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos of Promise

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! We never finished the course, always got eliminated in the first several fences for refusals...I think due to shadows from the spotlights. As the years went by and I saw what others wore for the class, I had a lot more fun with it. The last year we did it, I wore a purple sequin shirt with black breeches, and decked Promise out in purple pad, wraps, etc and even got purple glitter hoof polish for her! Then she refused the 3rd fence 3x and it was all for nothing :-P Of course, that year, my trainer fell off at the same fence, so that might've had something to do with it, too, LOL

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson