It's been a crazy-busy couple of months.
In August, I went to the NC mountains to celebrate my 30th birthday with friends and family. We rented a cabin and stayed there for 8 days. It was drizzly most of the time, but not enough to prevent us from going out and exploring, enjoying the scenery, etc. I really love it up there, no matter what the weather!
On the 9th, the day before my birthday, we got up early to try to beat the incoming rain and went to Grandfather Mountain. When we got to the top, in front of the swinging bridge, I wanted to take a picture with my boyfriend. In the middle of the photo op, he dropped to one knee and proposed to me. I almost fell off the mountain, because I totally was not expecting it! It took me a few seconds to go through the range of emotions, but once I muddled through the shock, I said yes! Other tourists were applauding and shouting congratulations. It was pretty surreal.
The next day was the big 3-0. We made breakfast and then wandered around downtown for a while. Then we had a birthday dinner, cake and presents -- as if proposing wasn't enough, he also paid for 5 riding lessons for me at one of the barns where I used to board Promise!
So, now, with new helmet and new breeches (bought months ago!) in tow, I am going to be taking lessons on Thursdays...my first one is next week, on the 2nd!
Congrats on all of the above!
ReplyDeleteOh wow!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDelete