Friday, July 11, 2014

Looking back...and moving forward

Somehow, 2 years have come and gone since I said goodbye to Promise. I am still not feeling particularly eloquent about it -- but, I guess that's just not my strong suit in general! The usual holds true -- I think about her and miss her nearly every day. Some days more than others.


Drawn with the Paper53 app on my iPad last fall

I have not been on or near a horse since September. I keep putting it off and making excuses for why I don't have time to go to or call the place I have in mind. And now, it's gotten too hot to even think about setting up lessons. Part of the hold up, too, is I need to buy a new helmet (I honestly don't know how old mine is and that is saying something) and cannot quite justify the money at the moment.


Drawn (from a black and white photo) with charcoal,
chalk and conte crayon in college

But, I have a reminder set up on my calendar to do it on my final day of vacation in August, after I am done traveling, and the weather will start thinking about cooling off -- it will be my 30th birthday present to myself to go buy a helmet and set up some lessons for early September. And now it is blog official, too!

In the mean time, I am daydreaming about the day in the not too distant future when I can move out of Florida, hopefully purchase a house with some property and begin my search for my next heart horse.


One of my favorite black and white photos,
taken with a Nikon film camera
The full photo from my blog header

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you blogged! Hope you have been able to heal. Please update when you get a helmet and finally sit on a horse again! Your heart won't be whole again until you do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson