Thank you to everyone who posted an answer to my question about the expectations of instructors now re: having your own saddle and taking lessons. I am very relieved to know that things have not changed, and, more importantly, that I'm not crazy!
I had another lesson last Saturday and really I wish I could say I hadn't been dreading going there. I have no problem standing up for myself, but I wasn't looking forward to dealing with the potential, unnecessary drama.
And, unfortunately, I'm assuming that the lack of saddle drama had more to do with S teaching before and after my lesson, than with the possibility that she decided to back off!
The lack of drama, however, made for a nice lesson. The gelding I've been riding had been worked before my lesson, so we did a lot less at the walk, and focused again on 2-point, half seat and generally strengthening my legs in preparation for jumping. We also did a lot of ground poles, and then the elevated ground poles at the end, before cantering. My legs were so tired I couldn't keep the damn horse cantering! Very frustrating - but definitely due to fatigue.
I did go ahead and schedule another lesson in 2 weeks, and I have my fingers crossed for another drama-free experience. I know in the back of my head it's probably only a matter of time before it comes up again. But, in the mean time, if she can keep her mouth shut and teach my lesson, I'm reasonably happy to keep riding with her.
I hope the lessons continue to be drama free :/
ReplyDelete