As per usual, there is good news and bad news. The good news is, she's looking better...the photo below is after I was awful and scrubbed the scab off of it. That's right, it was scabbed!! But, the scab was rather dirty and gross, and I want her body to try again. It is smaller, the proud flesh is considerably less - it did bleed when I scrubbed, but seemed MUCH less tender to the touch. She kept her toe on the ground for the entire process, where she had been lifting the foot away previously. So, definitely progress in the healing/ouchiness department.
The bad news is she's still lame, although she is minutely better than she was last week at the trot, and I thought her walk really looked pretty good after she had trotted around for a few minutes.
So, I'm guessing it's going to be a few more weeks. And, the insane heat is certainly not helping her healing ability.

No comments:
Post a Comment