No such luck...she looked worse. However, it could be due in part to the healing process, and in part to the amount of proud flesh that I need to deal with for real, tomorrow:
But, if you compare to the last photo I posted, it has filled in considerably - it is level with the area, instead of being sunken in like it was before. It looks a little irritated here, to reflect her mood at the time of the photo. lol. I spent a good 20 minutes scrubbing, spraying with peroxide, rinsing, scrubbing, etc. until the peroxide completely stopped foaming. I 100% certify this cut is CLEAN.
I also spent a good amount of time scrubbing, picking and generally cleaning up the hair and skin around it as it was fairly crusty from Wonder Dust application, weeping, etc. You can see quite a bit of new hair and skin growth around it, also. So, the mare wasn't very happy with me, but all things considered, she was an angel about the whole process and didn't once try to kick me in the head.
I coated it with furazone - since I couldn't make it bleed, Wonder Dust was rather pointless - and rewrapped it. Tomorrow, I will boil some water and pack it in a thermos before I head out. By the time I get there, it should be just hot enough to deal with the proud flesh.
I have a feeling it looks much better underneath that rather nasty disaster!
No comments:
Post a Comment