Saturday, December 18, 2010

What the duck?

My uncle and I took my grandmother to the mall last night to help her finish her Christmas shopping. On our way back, I went through McDonald's and got her a Big Mac meal, since her dinner would have been sitting for at least 45 minutes by that point, if they hadn't already picked it up...and then we drove down the street to bring her back.

I'm driving along, minding my own business, when I see this big Muscovy duck take off from the other side of the road. You know the big ugly fat (and mean) ones? The thing probably weighed 25 lbs easy.



Anyway, I jokingly said, "Don't hit me duck, get some lift!" Thinking I had more than enough room to get by him, and he would want to preserve himself and wouldn't hit me. Yeah. I was very wrong. The stupid duck flew right into the side of my car. He smashed the driver's side mirror, and cracked my window. Thank god I have laminated safety windows (made of the same glass they use for windshields), or it would have shattered and I would have spent the night in the ER.

So, $304.95 later, I at least have a new window (insurance company said I have a $500 deductible). I have to work on getting the mirror fixed, because I didn't realize that even though the casing was fine, the piece that actually attaches the glass to the casing is gone.

I think this qualifies as a "Bah Humbug" moment.

1 comment:

  1. dang that sucks!! i have had numerous birds hit me before too. I hate all birds, not gonna lie. Glad you are ok!!!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson