Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Year!

I will be out of town as of tomorrow morning, so figured I'd get my Happy New Years in early! I hope everyone has a safe, happy and healthy beginning to 2011. 


We've had quite a cold front since Christmas Day evening. We actually had a hard freeze overnight on Sunday and it's just beginning to stay out of the 30s tonight. While I loved having the cold weather for Christmas, it has been tough being off this week, because it's been too cold to ride. Well, let me clarify...I no longer have the winter riding gear I would need to be warm and not get sick, riding outside in 30-40 degrees. So...unfortunately, Miss Promise was ignored this week. But, supposedly it's going to begin warming up tomorrow, and get somewhat back to normal in the next few days, so maybe next week I'll be able to get back on her again.


In the mean time, I have been looking for boots for her hind legs, because they would offer more consistent support for those tendons the vet was worried about than what I can realistically do with a polo wrap. I really love the Classic Equine Legacy (see photo), in purple of course. They have great reviews and seem to be one of the better "tendon boots" out there from what I've read. Now I just need to come up with the extra money to buy them. That duck really set me back. :(


1 comment:

  1. I love my Classic Equine Legacy boots! Grace has a set in Turquoise. I also use polo wraps or Saratoga Wraps with quilts. The Legacy's are great for every day use, mine have held up really well.

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson