I literally cannot sit still, and wish more than anything that I had more daylight to play with and fewer desserts to make for Thursday!
I went to the barn after work, to see how Promise was doing, if there was any improvement, etc. She was already outside by the time I got there, so I let myself into the paddock and said hi. I then proceeded to be a rather mean Mommy and chased her away from her hay. At first, she walked off and stopped, then looked at me like, "You can't be serious." I shooed her again, and had to finagle my body language so she didn't go into the runoff ditch, but rather went to the larger area of paddock so I could see her move. She trotted away from me, and looked sound from behind.
Then she went around the corner and it was hard to tell anymore. So, I made her turn and asked her to trot off again. She trotted away again, but this time I was able to see her from the side. It could have been the light, but I don't think my eyes were playing tricks on me. I think I know my horse well enough even at dusk to see the truth!
Shhh! I don't want to jinx it. But...I *think* she might be sound!
I don't want to jinx it either so I'll just whisper congratulations!"
ReplyDelete