My boyfriend and I have spent the last couple of days getting his truck fixed up, so it runs better and is safer to drive (so he can come down here more often, and I don't have to drive up there, yay!). Pretty much all that's left is to get him some new tires. So, he's in town for one more day. I know my mom is getting sick of having a "house guest," but I am enjoying having the extra time with him.
I dragged him up to see Promise yesterday to see how she was doing, and took some video. I feel really confident in saying she was feeling great! Here's a video from when we first started on the lunge. You can see she's a little stiff starting out, but other than that, she looks really good. I wouldn't say she's 100%, but she IS sound enough to ride.
I apologize for these being a little "Blair Witch" :)
And to the right...she looks better here. I think, too, that the circles don't help. Duh. She picked up the right lead the first time I asked, cross-cantered behind, but switched for me in two strides. Yes! And then she wouldn't stop, lol. This is a pony that is feeling GOOOOD!
Then, I let her loose to see what she'd do.
I think some of what is going on here is lack of muscle tone and being strung out behind, as she rushed into a canter.
Playful...
Anyway, she was feeling great, and was downright cheerful and really full of herself. The barn owner commented on the change in personality. She hasn't been unpleasant, in fact, post-ulcer, she's been generally a very happy pony. But seeing her now, she wasn't *this* happy.
And, I wasn't either! I think she is sound enough to ride, as long as we take it slow, so I'll be getting my butt back on her sometime this week. It's going to be great, even if all we do it walk and walk and walk and walk. I have really missed riding!
Congrats! Adorable videos. :) Good luck this week!
ReplyDelete