Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm back! Sort of!



We had a great time on our cruise. Been back since Saturday and still sort of playing catch up. I have not been to see Miss P yet, but got an email from the barn owner on Monday or Tuesday while we were away saying she looked good, and was feeling good with the cooler weather - I guess she RAN into her stall for breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. On your thoughts about an equine chiropractor, check out the web site for the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association - their members are also vets, which I like, and the training process is extensive, also involving continuing education. They list their members by state. There are a lot of poor chiropractors out there, so beware - some people have poor or no training or have done a mail-order course.

    I used to be a big skeptic about chiro, but have used it very successfully with my horses once I learned about it from a very good one. One other thing - the chiro should listen to the horse and the horse should be (mostly) happy about what is being done - if the chiro is done mechanically and/or the horse is unhappy, then you don't have the right one.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate. I have used chiro and massage before, and had great results with both. IMO, all therapists should listen to the horse.

    The difference this time is, I am 1300 miles away from the last place I used one, and haven't needed one in the 7 years I've lived here.

    I have a lead on one from the farm where I have been buying the pain supplement for her. I guess he works mostly on ropers, but has great success and is well known in the community. I've reached out to him, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson