I'm tired and very cranky. I guess I fit into the category of lousy horse mom the last two weeks. I haven't even been to visit Promise. It's just been lazy...and busy, in that order.
Last weekend, simply put, I didn't feel like it, lol. It was a crazily hectic busy week and I couldn't get out of my own way Saturday morning. I ended up shutting my alarm off and sleeping an extra hour or two. By the time I woke up, my ambition to ride was gone. Essentially the same thing happened on Sunday. My boyfriend and I ended up just hanging out, watched a couple of movies, took a nap on Sunday afternoon and kind of just existed together. It was nice, and very relaxing. I needed that.
This past weekend was less my fault, lol.
On Saturday, I wanted to ride early, but we had plans to go to the 2009 Airfest at MacDill Airforce Base, and I was unaware that when he said he *could* spend an entire day there, that he actually meant he *wanted* to spend an entire day there. So, while I got up early and was at his house by 8 a.m., we left right away for the air show, and I didn't have time to ride before hand. I was sort of hoping that he'd want to leave early (lol) so that we would get back with enough daylight to at least stop in and say hi to her. No such luck. We got back to the house at dusk, which means she had already eaten and was already out with her friends for the night. After a full day in full sun, showering, eating dinner, and watching a movie was about as much energy as we could muster.
Sunday morning brought torrential downpours, scattered thunderstorms, and a 60% chance of rain for the day. Call me unadventurous, but after a bout of ringworm last summer because I stepped in a puddle that was far deeper than it looked, and I got soaked up to the knees, I am less than eager to set foot at the barn in the rain. It's also an unwritten guarantee that as soon as I get tacked up or mounted, on a day like that, it will start raining again.
So, I opted to let her have another week of just being a horse, and hopefully I will be able to ride at least next Sunday. I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday, and if I can't get the boy to go with me, I won't be able to ride beforehand.
We spent the entire afternoon yesterday cleaning his studio apartment from top to bottom - because he is going to quit smoking starting today. YAY! So, we cleaned everything, febreze'd the crap out of all the furniture, etc. to get rid of any smoke smell we could. And I spent an hour in Walmart trying to find plug in air fresheners, new pillows, and new curtains.
On the bright side, I have a 3 day weekend coming up for Easter weekend. I foresee lots of Promise time then. :)
I totally feel you. I get like that sometimes. Especially if you have any significant drive to get to the barn. Our drive is about 35-40 minutes or so. Sometimes it's discouraging, as much as I love my girl.
ReplyDeleteHangf in...it'll come and you will be encouaged to go more often soon
ReplyDeletepromise loves you and will wait, she is in good hands