Monday, August 30, 2021

Am I doing this right?

 

During my lesson yesterday, T tried to stretch my left hip for me, because it just was not just moving with the horse. Her stretch helped and felt great until it didn't. After a lap or 2, with better motion, my left hip flexor and IT band felt like they were Charlie horsing. So, when she asked if my hips felt good enough to trot, I was like, uhm, I don't think so...not until this tightness is resolved. 

She had me bring Jo up to her so she could hold her, and told me to turn around on her and breathe. That helped, but I needed more. So, this photo was the precursor to me stretching forward across Jo's rump, an arm on either side of her, while stretching my legs up and back toward her shoulders, and letting my hips, back, and quads stretch passively. After about 5 minutes, something released, because the pain went away and Jo started to sigh, lick and chew, and close her eyes. I slowly sat up and turned myself to face forward before continuing with our class. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right? So weird -- I wish the lady that had taken this picture had taken one of me lying on her, too -- but it really worked!

      Delete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson