Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

I'm taking a page from Stacie's blog today because I have some confessions to make since I've been slacking on the blog!

Confession #1

We got a rescue puppy in December. She was 16 weeks old when she was transported to us from Georgia. We named her Cider (because she is Cider colored) and she is a redbone coonhound/golden retriever mix. She's super sweet and very obedient because I started working with her on day 1, but she's definitely a teenager right now! At 9 months, she weighs in at 52lbs and has been averaging 5-7lbs of growth each month (although in March, she only gained ~2lbs but she filled out quite a bit). My husband hopes she'll top out around 55lbs, but I he's nuts, LOL. I think she may end up closer to 70-75. Guess we'll find out! She probably has about a year left to grow.

Cider on May 5

The girls get along really well. Jazzy really loves having a puppy around, even when she gets sick of them!

It doesn't get much cuter, right?


Confession #2

Jazzy turned 10 on May 5 and I totally bought her a birthday bandana to celebrate in! She rarely acts her age and is just as goofy and fun-loving as ever. The puppy has helped her shed some pounds and put on some more muscle, so she's looking absolutely amazing.

Jazzy in her birthday bandana

Confession #3

I have some new lesson media to share as soon as I get around to writing about them!

Jo and I on May 16

Confession #4

Some of the pictures from the lesson media were pretty cringe-worthy and have hopefully helped me re-find my motivation to eat better, lose some weight (again), and workout regularly again! So much belly and so many chins going on right now. 😭

1 word for this. UGH.

4 comments:

  1. PUPPYYYYY!!!!!! Congrats on the new (not so) short kid! Very cute!
    I think you look great up there, don't be so hard on yourself! We've been surviving a pandemic after all. Love the green breeches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the belly and chins. Your horse doesn't care, and when you look back on those photos years later you will be more excited to see you working with a lovely horse than you'll ever care about what your body looked like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right! I think it's more about not feeling great in my own skin right now, which is definitely a me problem. I've been slacking on the eating healthy and working out and the "bad" pictures were just a bit of a reality check. There were more good than bad, though! I can definitely see and feel progress in my riding. I'm leaning less, I'm breathing more, etc

      Delete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson