Monday, July 22, 2019

Progress = G + Saddle

Yesterday, I rode G in a saddle again for the first time in months. I felt good heading in to the arena, but when we got started, some lingering issues started rearing their heads. BUT, this lesson was light years beyond where I was the last time I rode this horse in a saddle -- I could actually turn him! We did figures and circles and diagonals! AND, it's totally ok that it wasn't perfect -- it gave us a new baseline to work with moving forward. We have a new list of things to work on! Back to the surcingle next week!

One of the ladies was kind enough to take some video of us toward the end of the lesson, and I didn't even know she was doing it until I was cooling out and T said she was going to send the videos to me!


We cantered to the left first, as it is my weaker (yet somewhat easier) direction. I love that he stays soft and gives me a nice square halt at the end with a deep breath.

Then we cantered to the right, which dominates, particularly when it's inside. It was a bit of a struggle! You can hear her say toward the end that I dive right coming out of that corner. She wanted me to try to get hold the canter to B and then halt and we'd be done, but said if I started to lose it, to try to be aware of that and stop sooner.


Finally got it on this last lap, after a beautiful transition!



Listening to T tell me not to get frustrated with my body before we started cantering



1 comment:

  1. aw surprise media is the best haha! sounds like a good ride ;)

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson