Monday, June 24, 2019

Q2 Goals in Review

Here are the results for my health and fitness goals for April through June!
  • Workout at least 4 days a week, plus 1 riding lesson. Success! I had 2 weeks in June where I was traveling or had family visiting and I still worked out 2 of the days before we left and tried to get my steps in while we were gone. I only missed 1 ride because I was able to get a makeup ride for the 2nd one I was supposed to miss due to travel. And I had 1 partial week after one of those trips where I was so emotionally exhausted, I just couldn't even.
    • Finish round 2 of LIIFT4 5/2. Round 3 starts on 5/6. Success! I finished round 2 and a few days later, I dove into a hybrid of LIIFT4 and Core de Force, which I don't like quite as much as the pure LIIFT4 program.
    • 4-week measurements 4/4. Success! Up 2.5lbs, down 3.25 inches!
    • 8-week measurements 5/2. Oops, forgot about this one!
    • Need to buy 15 lb dumbbells for round 3! Success!
  • 30 day keto reset beginning 4/7. Success. For a few days, anyway.
    • 30g of carbs or less per day. Fail.
    • MEAL PLAN and MEAL PREP are crucial to success. Success! I can't grocery shop if I don't meal plan.
    • Eat out less, but make healthy, keto choices if/when I do. Ordering in is out, as we can only get 2 pizza places delivered to the new house. We did order in a whole lot less, but I don't think we ate out less. Our friends are moving out of state next month and so we've taken every opportunity possible to see them, which usually involves food, and I haven't made good choices.
    • I am traveling for work 4/9-4/11, but I can still make keto choices! My choices were not keto, but I was barely on the wagon when I left. And, I didn't gain any weight on the trip, so I call that a win!
  • Log food and water daily. Fail. Tedious task that just didn't get done. I knew it was a risk!
    • This is especially important to track carb intake! Yup, didn't do this either.


Overall, I think this quarter was a success for everything except my nutrition. And I know what I need to do there, I just need to actually DO it. 

I had a LOT of strength/fitness gains and non-scale victories this quarter. On one of my vacations, we did a difficult hike in the mountains that we had done the year before. Last year, I found myself huffing and puffing the entire trail. This year, I was initially breathing pretty heavy on the way back (uphill, rocky trail), but once my heart rate leveled out, so did my breathing. This is a HUGE fitness win!

I've largely stayed off the scale. I don't like the number and to a point, I just don't want to know. My clothes are fitting better and I'm feeling strong. THAT is what matters. I'm going to have to pay attention to the scale a bit more for at least part of the next quarter -- but I'll get into that more when I post my Q3 goals :)

2 comments:

  1. It's always to go off of how you feel vs what the scale says. I was about 5lbs heavier when I was lifting more but I dropped a size. All about the composition of your body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I feel like the 5ish new lbs I'm sitting on currently are muscle vs fat!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson