![]() |
| PC: http://equestrianbitch.tumblr.com/post/61076861694 |
I've done a fair bit of research on it in the last week or so. I was trying to determine if I had injured my ankle or pinched a nerve or something, but I don't really think that is the case.
In the last 2 weeks, the leg pain has been a little bit better, but it's still there. And it really bothers me! It makes me feel weak in the saddle. I try to push through but sometimes I just have to walk and take my feet out for a minute to stretch.
Last night, I asked K if she thought it might be due to leg position. And she was like, honestly, I don't see a problem with your leg and when M (her trainer) was watching earlier, she would have mentioned it if she did. She suggested bringing my saddle next week to try on Riko. Even though my butt is too big for it now (ha, the joys of struggling to lose weight!), it still is a better fit than the one they have on him currently which I can barely get my butt out of to 2-point. She said if it's too big for him, we can always pad it. If it fits him, I may consider bartering a session of lessons and give it to them.
One of the things I read in my research that I think is more plausible is that my hips could be out. And K did agree that I probably should try getting them adjusted, as well.
So, tomorrow, I'm going to ask my chiropractor to adjust my hips. She has not adjusted them since I've been seeing her (since January). I guess it's because she's been focused on treating my car accident injuries, but my previous chiro used to adjust them at least a little bit pretty much every time I saw her.
Now that we're trying out a maintenance plan with a visit every 2 weeks, and no longer going through car insurance for treatment, I'm hoping she might be more willing to adjust other things that are bothering me. I'm willing to bet my left hip is out and that adjusting it will greatly alleviate these issues.
Fingers crossed!

Several people in blog land have had issues with tingling ankles and numbing feet. I've known many have unsuccessfully switched out stirrups to see if that fixed it. You might be on to something with the hips though, tight hip flexors might cause a reaction lower in the leg.
ReplyDeleteI have also read quite a bit about switching stirrups but that seems like an expensive way to do trial and error for it. I talked to my chiro about it and sure enough, my left hip was pretty out, which means I was putting more pressure on the right leg. I definitely noticed an improvement during last night's lesson, so I think a couple more adjustments and maybe it won't happen anymore. I did sleep in a crappy bed over the weekend in a cabin in the mountains, so that may not have helped the lingering tingling! I also rode in my saddle last night, which was fantastic. I'm so glad it fits Riko!
ReplyDelete