Thursday, March 24, 2016

Meet Mya


I'm not sure why his owner named him Mya, it's kind of an embarrassing name for a gelding. But, this little guy has been carting me around for a couple of months now. He's 13-ish and about 15.2 or so. A pretty nicely built little OTTB, but pretty green. 

He has a great pocket pony personality, and is just so happy go lucky that even though I don't love chestnuts (or geldings, for that matter!), I have kind of fallen for him. Whenever I have a choice of who to ride, I ask to ride him...and I think L has gotten the hint that I like him, lol

This pic was taken last night after I went and hacked him for 30 minutes. L is at a show, so no lesson, but when she said I still could go ride and it was less than the cost of a lesson, I jumped at the chance!

The wedding is right around the corner (70 days or something like that?)...and I'm hoping maybe I can do a short-term half-lease after the wedding has passed. I don't know if it will be Mya or someone else in the barn...or if a 6 month option is even an option. So, we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson