I rang in the new year with a riding lesson on New Year's Eve and then playing games and watching movies with my mom and fiance. :)
My lessons lately have been even more about pace and consistency. I've been trying to get AJ to open up his stride so that he is more back to front with more impulsion, instead of just flopping around and going faster, which requires basically a collected hand-gallop all the way to the bases of the jumps.
Last lesson, he took all of my distances, which was a HUGE accomplishment for me! Even though a few of them were long, because he didn't add in a stride at the base like he normally does, it looked and felt a lot nicer.
I have another lesson tonight, and I'm excited to see if I get to ride Beau, or if I'm still on AJ. C told me last week that Beau had been going to shows but it's just not his thing, so he's been added to the lesson program for the more advanced kids. And, she said I would likely to get to ride him once in a while very soon.
Hey! So it's come to my attention that Blogger isn't updating/redirecting my old blog to my new one. I'm going around commenting on all the blogs I follow because I don't know how to contact everyone otherwise. My old blog Horses: The Process of Learning is back in action at www.mrsashleyandolivia.com. This is some kind of blogger error. But I would love for you to come follow me over there! Thanks girl!!
ReplyDelete