Friday, October 10, 2014

Lesson #2

This week's lesson was very similar to last week's. I did quite a bit of trotting and cantering around, and some ground poles at the trot and canter, as well. 

The main difference was she had me doing some strengthening stuff at the trot...like down-down-up (DDU) posting or up-up-down (UUD) posting. Ouch! DDU is currently much easier than UUD. But, I was a hurtin' puppy when I dismounted. I especially noticed the difference in my hips...I felt a little bow-legged for a couple of hours after, but this morning, I'm about half as sore as I was last week. (As a side note, I've got to get back to yoga and get some of my flexibility back!)

She wants to switch me to a different horse next week, since Knight technically doesn't jump. His gaits are little wonky heading to the right, so I don't know if he's arthritic or what. But, she seems to think that moving to the next lesson horse in line won't be a problem, so next week, I'll be riding AJ. Apparently he can be either sassy or lazy, depending on his mood, so it should be interesting! :)

I saw this on Facebook this morning, and it's pretty accurate, other than the cowboy hat:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday: Sunset jump lesson