When the clocks changed, I decided to be proactive and take advantage of it. I started getting up at 5 a.m. to walk Jazzy before getting ready for work. It was going pretty well, I got up 4 days the first week -- I skipped Friday because I was going out of town and had a long drive to make. Then I skipped Monday because I had a long drive back Sunday night. But, she also had puppy class Monday night, so she got to get out and about. Tuesday morning, I got up and we walked a half mile. Wednesday morning, I got up and we walked a mile.
Now...I don't have photographic evidence, because it occurred to me to take pictures after I'd already been to the trash can.
Jazzy somehow managed to let herself out of the crate yesterday (Wednesday)...I have a feeling the bottom latch on the side door was not latched to begin with, but who knows.
She had a small accident in the house and knocked all of the pillows off the futon and love seat. She didn't chew on a single piece of furniture (or the pillows) that we can see and very nicely avoided chewing on anything pertaining to computers in the office. Pretty impressive.
Not so impressive is the fact that she ate one of my good sneakers (I had a barn pair and a gym/dog walking pair). Now, granted, it's partially my fault for leaving them in the bathroom after our walk yesterday, instead of putting them in my bedroom where they belong...but I assumed with a puppy that should be safely tucked into her crate for the day, that they would be safe from harm, despite my laziness.
Sigh. She sure proved me wrong, didn't she?
Needless to say, she's not going on any walks of any kind until I get a new pair. My barn sneakers are fine for the barn but they are so old and beat up that they no longer have any support and as a result, if I really walk in them, I get very sore.
It's a good thing she's cute! She's also lucky I didn't serve her the other sneaker for dinner. O:)
No comments:
Post a Comment