It's even better if it's my own horse. We walked around on the buckle for 10-15 minutes and just enjoyed each others' company. I had intended to mosey down the trail a little, but when we got down to the river, I was concerned by how muddy the other side looked. So, I made her walk in a couple of steps, stand there calmly, and then let her go back to the arena and called it a day.
The ears don't lie :)
Still battling that cut, but it looks a bazillion times better.
| Her topline still leaves a lot to be desired, but to be fair, she's not in work and she's a senior citizen. |
I do think that her belly is not quite as large, however. Here's the photographic proof -- (That's her boyfriend Ruler hanging over.) But I also was able to get her girth to 4 and 4 without even trying, and am pretty sure that if we'd actually been working, I could have easily gotten another hole on either - or both - sides. 
And finally, we have a new addition to the family...we were fostering her and her brother, and decided that we weren't letting her go because she reminded us too much of Harley. Meet Jasmine -- aka Jazzy or Jazz -- the 5 month old Plott Hound.
Thanks for the update, I was wondering how you were going. I have to agree with you (who wouldn't?!) that just a quick sit on your own horse just does so much to help mend what is ailing you. I thank God every day for my ponies, because they just fill that hole.
ReplyDeleteAnd welcome to little Jazzy! She is adorable! How old?
It's so nice to see photos of her looking healthy and happy :) Your new dog is super cute. Is that breed related to rhodesian ridgebacks? She looks a lot like my dog but Cairo isn't brindled.
ReplyDeleteVery refreshing, that little ride huh. I love those so much just doing a litte and seeing them enjoy the ride too..ears and little snorts,don't lie.
ReplyDeleteYour hound is so adoraBle!!! Iv ALWAYS wanted a blue tic hound..but, it probably would get lost chasing deer elk and vermin, on trail rides.