...because I started to reply to KK's comment on my last post, and realized it could turn into a post in itself. So, here it is!
Yes, I have pretty much decided that saving my money is the way to go, lol. If the reading was still $50, I might consider doing it a little more seriously, but somehow that extra $25 for a 30 minute conversation that isn't truly a necessary expense when I am trying to save, save, save, just seems overwhelming to me at this point in time. :)
I just have that super-insecure sense of not wanting to push too much too fast, but not wanting to not do enough, either. I hate this feeling of limbo! But, looking back through my blog, she first came up lame (this time around) in the middle of May. She's had nearly 3 months off, with turnout each night. And is inexplicably not sound, but not lame. The barn owner has not mentioned anything changing in quite a while, 6 weeks or more, I'd guess, even in a short email conversation the other day, which I initiated to tell her the board check was in the mail.
Sooooo, yeah. It's probably been long enough. And, no news is good news, as always.
I am hoping this weekend I can get on her and walk around for a while, while the special she's-a-spoiled-pony mash I got her is soaking. She's been rather neglected with mom attention in the past several weeks, due to incredibly hot temps, trying to stick to a workout routine, my grandmother, etc. The most she's gotten is a quick mane pull, brushing and hosing off to cool her down in the middle of the day. But when I feel like I might literally melt in the heat, I can't imagine making her do anything, especially since she is wearing a fur coat!!
So, the peppermint and apple raisin mashes are my attempt to buy my way back into her heart (ahem, via her stomach, of course). That, and a nice cool bath, ought to do the trick.
I guess I need to plan to get up early on Saturday and try to beat the heat that starts up full swing mid-morning. I might just hop on her bareback, with a pad and my surcingle, if she'll let me. Seems too hot for the saddle. Ultimately, like I said, I just want to walk around...and maybe take her up the trail a bit. Might need the saddle for that, though, lol.
Sounds good sweetie!
ReplyDeleteYea... just like us with new routines..slow and methodically done is the best...
Maybe learn some stretches for her shoulders and legs and such...put "sore no more" on before you do anything..she will warm up to the "working- ideas" fast, with the personal attention.
You will "hear" her talking to you...as you manipulate her body during the stretches/massage.
Do you know any Horsey bodyworkers?
Mine always shows me- what- to- do- and how- to- do- it.
Love her!
have a link to her on my sidebar.
Truly, getting to know your horse in this fashion, is power..they do not lie!
My cell is 503-927-7854
if you ever want to talk/txt about anything!
Xo
KacyK
I don't know of any here, no. But I do know to listen to her...it's just that I am afraid of not reading her correctly in this situation. I know better, honest!
ReplyDeleteI took a look at Miriah's site...we do most of those stretches already. I always stretch her front legs, and had been not stretching the hind because of the injury. But, I also make her stretch her muzzle to each shoulder, each hip and each hock, to maintain flexibility through the body, too.