So, from what I gather, since I have accepted the award, I have to post it on my blog (see above!), and then tell you seven things about me that I haven't shared before. Then, I have to pass it on to 15 blogs.
Here goes...
- I grew up north of Boston, but have lived in Florida for the last 6 1/2 years. Obviously, I brought Promise with me when I moved. I miss the first snowfall, but I hate winter, in general, so it is a fleeting emotion.
- I have not been to a horse show or taken a riding lesson in 10 years.
- I love to read, write and play video games.
- I remember some of the weirdest things, and always the most amazing things, that I have been through.
- I have many pet peeves...too many, in fact, to list them here.
- I try my hardest to see the good in everybody. I feel bad when I am unable to do it, because there isn't any. Luckily, that doesn't happen too often.
- I sometimes come across as being "snobby" but in reality, I am still a bit shy, and take a while to open up to new people. I am actually a big softy and will do anything for anyone in my closest circle.
I would like to pass it on to the blogs I visit the most. I know I have at least 15 listed, but I must admit, I don't read all of them as often as I read some. Here are my most visited...links to them on the right. :)
- A Good Horse
- A Tail of Two Horses
- All Horse Stuff
- Canterbalance
- Mugwump Chronicles
- Nuzzling Muzzles
- Oh Horsefeathers
- Sprinkler Bandit
- The Many Misadventures
- The Mare's Tales
Now, for a quick update. Promise is doing well. I rode two weekends ago on Sunday, and she was fantastic. I missed out on Saturday, because I forgot that the barn was doing a fundraiser, and I got there right in the middle. If I had remembered, I would have arrived later in the day so I could have utilized the arena afterwards. But, on Sunday, we lunged near the carport/tent thing -- a little fabric roof set on pvc legs, that was still set up on the edge of the arena to provide shade to the attendees from Saturday, so that she would get over her lookiness. She settled pretty quickly, and walked up to it with me before heading to the mounting block. We worked again on pushing from behind, lateral work, a little more trot work and even a bit of canter work. Then we walked, and walked, and walked. When I dismounted, I gathered my things, and led her under the carport/tent thing. She walked through it like she'd been doing that all her life and didn't get why I was telling her she was such a good girl.
This past weekend, I wimped out on Saturday, feeling like I needed a day to myself to just hang out. And on Sunday, boo for raining all day. If I had had the foresight to check the weather ahead of time, I would have reversed my days so that I could have ridden.

We all need a day to ourselves from time to time. Thanks for the award.
ReplyDelete"I sometimes come across as being "snobby" but in reality, I am still a bit shy, and take a while to open up to new people. I am actually a big softy and will do anything for anyone in my closest circle."
ReplyDeleteYou could have been describing me.
7 sounds like me as well. and I think it's unfortunate there are people in the world like number 6.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award! 10 years without any lessons or shows? Wow. I had no idea. It sounds like you two do well together.
ReplyDeleteYes, SprinklerBandit, the last time we were in lessons and showing was waaay back in 2000. I can't believe it myself! But with our 12-year partnership and me having been around horses since I was 2, I think we do alright :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award :)
ReplyDeleteThanks sweetie for the award...I am remiss in getting to such things these days... just under the weather a bit...sometime I will do it..I appreciate very much you thought of me!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear of Promise and you...
Funny about the horse show and lessons...though I have...I don't miss it now...at least with my mare I don't..she is not willing..so I will wait to have a horse that is!
KK