The house is far too empty without her huge, sweet personality and amazing sense of humor, and much too quiet without her old lady hound snores and her jumping around like a crazy woman because she has to poop. She was getting into trouble and making me laugh right up until bedtime on Monday evening, giving me no indication that anything was wrong beyond the obvious.
I am so grateful to the rescue group in FL for trusting my mom and I with fostering Jasmine and 1 of her brothers 11 years ago, even though we had no experience with hounds and no earthly clue what a Plott Hound was at the time! My life has never been the same since Jazzy came into it -- it would have been far less fun and with a lot less laughter in it if we hadn't decided to keep her. I am so glad we didn't make that mistake!
We miss her so much already, but we know we made the right decision for her. Cancer sucks! And it sucks even more that most of our options were taken away from us by a disease that had other ideas for her. We know she is free from any pain and discomfort now, and can play with Zaira and Kris again. I hope she gets to meet Harley and Promise, and can see her great grandmother again.
















I'm so sorry for your loss <3
ReplyDeleteVery sorry for your loss. We lost our chocolate lab the same way and it stinks.
ReplyDeleteI'm so very sorry. It's so hard to lose our four legged kiddos. What a lucky pup to have been chosen by you though!
ReplyDelete